Q. When will I need to replace my roof?
A. It depends on your unique situation. Safety is our number one priority, which is why we do not encourage homeowners to inspect their roof because the risk of serious injury is great.
In an earlier post, we explained the reasons a roof replacement may be necessary. There are several signs that can indicate a roof replacement may be in order, including:
* The age of your roof is 20+ years
* Asphalt shingles have become damaged, bent or cracked
* Missing shingles
Other signs of a needed roof replacement include mold formation, peeling paint, and dry rot. However, these do not always mean a full roof replacement is needed. Only a professional roofer has the knowledge to look at a roof and determine the best course of action needed.
Q. My roof seems to need minor repairs; can I repair it myself?
A. We urge homeowners to resist the urge to make roof repairs themselves for two reasons:
1. The roofing issue may appear small; however, there could be underlying structural issues causing the problem that a homeowner may not be aware of. This could lead to the homeowner making the repair, only to face the same repairs or larger repairs in the near future.
2. Safety is another thing that should be considered when inspecting or performing repairs to a roof. Our team of professional roofers at Ultimate Roofing are trained with safety in mind. Not only will professional roofers have the skills to make repairs, but they also have the knowledge of how to make the repairs safely.
Q. How much does a roof repair or a roof replacement cost?
A. There is no simple answer to this question because a variety of factors must be considered, including:
* The type of roofing material used. Some materials are less expensive than other types of materials.
* The severity of the roof repair or replacement that needs to be done.
* The location of the building and the challenges associated with the location.
Q. My roof is leaking, what does this mean?
A. Identifying the cause of a leak can be difficult. Leaks can be self-limiting which means the leak is identified before it has an opportunity to spread and cause further damage in your home. Conversely, the lead could be a symptom of a larger structural issue that has manifested in the roof.
Both of these issues may not require a full roof replacement, which is why you need to talk to a professional roofer who can determine the cause of your leak and explain the best course of action to take.
Ultimate Roofing can help you on your next roofing project. Call and set up an appointment.
Ultimate Roofing is a well-established roofing company serving Albany New York and the Greater Capital Region. We proudly offer both